Monday, January 30, 2006

Dirty Mittens

What a day! Christian took the day off of work and stayed with Hannah while I ran errands this afternoon. I started at the Northgate Antique Mall. I was looking for sets of needles, but didn't find any. I did find some unlabeled yarn that was 25 cents a skein. For whatever reason I had then, I didn't get any. Even if it's crappy acrylic that pills, it's 25 cents. So, I'll go back tomorrow and get some.
I went to Michaels after that. I picked up some baby acrylic for a blanket that I'm going to be making for a couple of friends. They've been trying really hard to get pregnant (the best part) and were successful and will be having a baby in July.
I then stopped at the grocery store and went back and forth between the front of the store and the dairy section at the back 3 times. I even made a list. But I guess that only works if you look at it......
After the grocery store, I stopped to put gas in the car. Pretty uneventful.
On my way home, I noticed a weird noise coming from the back of the car. Given our neighborhood, I thought it was probably somebody else's loud car. So, I'm turning off of Northport onto Troy when I noticed I was having trouble steering. That's when I realized that I was making that noise! Flat tire.
I grabbed the milk from the backseat and started walking home. Then spent 20 minutes searching for the AAA card, before realizing that we could probably change the tire ourselves in the time it would take for somebody to come out and do it for us. We are true city folk.
The tire was changed quickly and easily by Christian, but Hannah and I both helped.

These are my mittens after changing the tire. They're soaking in the sink right now and will hopefully come clean. They were a fairly quick knit, but I want to work on other things now.

1 comment:

Terby said...

Nice mittens! Hope they came out clean.