On Tuesday, Alex would be one year old.
It's been a trying month. The worst day, so far, was Wednesday night when Christian did our taxes. He needed Alex's SSN and the card wasn't in the lock box. I pulled out the green fabric box that contains the few pieces of his short life. All of the cards from family, friends and strangers, the blankets from the hospitals and the tiny clothing he never had a chance to wear are in this box. But no SSN.
I found the file that contains all of the insurance papers. And his death certificate. We found the number there, but it was impossible to read through the tears.
I find myself staring off into space with tears rolling down my face a lot lately. I know that things will get better, but it's hard to get my brain and heart on the same page. Although it would be regressing, I sometimes wish I could feel numb again.
I would give anything to hold him again and hear him cry, something we never heard.
I miss you, Alexandar, so very much.
Friday, January 20, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
I spent a lot of time today trying to think of something to help you through this hard time. Nothing I came up with seemed to compare, to what you must be feeling. I could bring you some more of my bad cooking, take Hannah for awhile, knit you an afghan as big as a house but it all seems so useless in comparision. I hope it helps just to know that I am thinking of you.
Roxanne
Amy, there is SO much that I would like to say, but it just gets stuck. I know you know the feeling. I looked at the little treasures you brought here the other day...little booties, etc. My throat and heart just filled up. He is so very missed by his Mema. His crying would have been treasured AND enjoyed. I love you.
Amy,
I just wanted to send you some hugs and kisses and maybe a little warm weather - if i blow hard enough maybe some of this southern warmth will make it back to Wisconsin. I am thinking about you and your family and sending cyber love with all my heart.
emily
Post a Comment