Monday, May 15, 2006

What a Weekend!

Phew!! My dancing legs are tired! Saturday was the big day for Kara and Dan. The wedding went very smoothly, as did all of the preparations in the two days leading up to it. SuperGeek and I left Mad-town on Thursday afternoon, arrived at the hotel and then went to Kara and Dan's house. It's super cute. We drank some wine and beer and ate bar food. Then went back to the hotel, which had the most comfortable beds I've ever slept in.... at a hotel.
Friday was spent eating garlic for lunch, decorating the reception hall and wrapping the bouquets. The flowers turned out lovely, if I do say so myself, and Kara got many compliments on them and requests for the florist's name. We wondered briefly if we could start up a business, but decided that it probably wouldn't work, mostly because of the 5 hour drive time between us.
The rehearsal went almost smoothly.... Mrs. Jesberger has some particular ideas for how things should work and is not shy about sharing those thoughts. After running through the ceremony a few times and making sure our foot angles were right, we watched the guys move tables. They did a wonderful job and it was very nice having room for the dip.
We had a rehearsal dinner at the hotel, with many pitchers of beer and lots of good conversation.
Then came Saturday morning! It was very relaxing getting my hair done. I think the last time it was styled was for my own wedding. Jessica, another bridesmaid, and I spent time working on our knitting projects. After getting dressed, it was time to head down for photos. As we were standing on the hotel restaurant's deck, it started snowing. And we got locked out.
Heading over to the Smith Avenue Overlook, it started pouring, but was done by the time we got there. We then went back to the Bluffs of Mendota to get ready for the wedding and reception. A few last minute decisions were made and guests began to arrive. The whole night went smoothly and we all had a lot of fun.
Kara and Dan seem to be made just for each other and I wish them the best in their long life together.

No comments: