Wow! I'm almost done with my summer session of A&P. It's a bit harder than sociology. I can't knit during this class, because I need my hands to write. I suppose I could get a voice recorder and take notes at home, but I'd rather knit in the comfy chairs at home.
I just found out that I can start the clinical lab tech program at MATC this fall. I went from #20 on the list to #1. Which is a much better place for me to be.
On the knitting side of things, I finished the prairie tunic a few weeks ago. I love the reactions I get from people who think it must have been incredibly difficult to make it. But if you don't know how to do something, it can seem very hard. Plus, it looks like it was hard work. (photos aren't working right now, so will try to post on flickr.)
I was in Chicago over the 4th of July weekend. The ladies and I went to a yarn store near my SIL's house in Wheaton. She chose a ladder and an eyelash yarn for me to make a shawl for her. It's nice working with a "good" novelty yarn. It doesn't feel like it's cutting into my skin when I work with it.
I'm also working on another baby blanket. It's the Oat Couture spiral baby blanket that was the inspiration for the grumpecue. I'm using cream Cascade 220, although I took a break during the heat wave last week. The last thing I wanted in my non-air conditioned house was a pile of wool on my lap.
I'll be cleaning up from the storm last night and spreading mulch later today. It was a very thoughtful gift from Mema. Or maybe more of a trade, since she's taking the landscape rock to use in her rain garden. Either way, I appreciate it!
Thursday, July 20, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
What kind of rock is Mema looking for? I have some she can have if she wants more.
Post a Comment