It's official.
After 5 years of cleaning laundry, dishes and sometimes the bathroom, I've decided to re-join the workforce. I was offered a phlebotomy position at a local clinic which I accepted and start on Monday. Not only do I get to schedule my hours around school and family, I will also be paid in real money. Instead of the (wonderful) hugs and sloppy kisses that I have been getting for my efforts. I don't get any benefits like health insurance or 401k, but I get an "in" in my field and hopefully, a position in the company when I graduate. I'll be spending most of my time in the Sun Prairie lab, but may get a chance to work at other clinics in the Madison area.
I haven't been doing much knitting lately. I seem to have lost the inspiration for the projects I started. I blame the cold weather and the more challenging courses I'm taking this semester. Even the new issue of IK didn't do much for me. Probably because I can't really knit any of the sweaters I like since they won't fit me when I'm done. Or else they'll look too "cute" on me and my tummy. I wish I could alter patterns for pregnancy, but that skill is still beyond me.
We have another ultrasound coming up on Thursday, and if the baby cooperates, we'll be able to tell the sex this time around. I've moved past the looking-fat part of the pregnancy and now look like I'm going to have a baby. I'm even wearing some of my maternity clothes, which are still a little big, but more comfortable than the clothes that were getting too tight. They probably look more attractive, too.
Friday, February 09, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
I wasn't too thrilled with the new IK, either. Alas.
I'm glad to hear your pregnancy is going along so well.
Post a Comment