Thursday, May 31, 2007

Babies

My 5 year old "baby" just lost her second tooth. She starts summer school tomorrow and can't wait to show all of her friends her baby tooth. I don't think any of them have so much as a wiggle in their mouths, so H-bomb's feeling pretty grown-up right now.
As far as the other baby is concerned, H has decided that it might be ok for her to come home from the hospital. Last week, she was sure that a new baby wasn't going to work at our house. I'm sure that her opinion will change a few more times between now and July, but hopefully the transition will be easier than I'm imagining.
H-bomb is looking forward to my lap reappearing. She also thinks it will be nice when I'm not so uncomfortable and can play on the floor with her again. I think it will be nice when I can get up off the floor once I'm done playing on it.

I'm finally scheduled for more than 5 hours this coming month, which should keep me busy and my mind off my tummy (at least until I deal with patients). Plus, I got a raise, so the paychecks will be even nicer than before. The company is restructuring their pay rates to be more competitive, so I didn't earn the extra cash, but I'm still going to accept it - happily.

We have just over 5 weeks to go and I haven't started on any baby projects for myself. I haven't been inspired by anything lately, I guess. And the above-mentioned uncomfortableness isn't relieved by sitting, which is how I prefer to knit. Crazy, I know. But if anybody has links or ideas they'd like to share, I'm open to them.

Til next time!

1 comment:

Mema said...

H. said it was loose yesterday...so no surprise, I guess. Such a big girl!!