Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Exciting Update!

Well, probably just for me....
I just got back from my 3rd OB appointment in less than a week. I have been ordered to go on bedrest, which involves me not working and a suggestion of watching tv. I've decided to take my doctor's advice because of his concerns of pre-eclampsia. I'm borderline right now, and he would like it if it didn't get any farther along. I don't have any risk factors for the condition, but it seems like nobody really knows what causes it anyway. We just want to avoid the NICU this time around.

And so....
I'm scheduled for labor induction next Wednesday, the 27th. At 5:30 in the morning. This shouldn't be a problem for me, but I'm not sure how SuperGeek is going to handle such an early wake-up call. He kind of likes his sleep. Sometimes I try to wake him up in the middle of the night so that he can keep me company, but it generally doesn't work.

So, yeah. That's where we are. Unless something drastic changes, we'll have our newest family member at home next weekend. Needless to say, we're thrilled. That doesn't even come close to how we're feeling, but blogs are like that and words can only convey so much.

2 comments:

Elizabeth said...

Try to enjoy your week of bedrest. I hope the delivery goes smoothly and you'll all be home together as planned. (I think the best thing one can wish a pregnant woman after 37 weeks is a really boring month ahead.)

gail said...

Good luck with the bedrest. I would knit full time, and read full time.... Seriously, I hope all is well.