Thursday, January 26, 2006

Mitten Madness



I finished a left hand diamond pattern mitten for Hannah today. I used Filatura 501 in color 191, a rosey pink, and Knit Picks Wool of the Andes in Cloud. And since I only have 4 size 3 dpns, I'm loosely knitting on an additional size 2.

I also made a hat for Christian that he promptly lost for two days. He then found it in his computer bag, or as I call it, his man purse.

And I finished a pair of mittens for myself this past Saturday. I then wore them to Sleazy E's Deathtrap in Edgerton. We went to Schlock's reunion show with Roxy and Cory. Christian and Cory went to school with the guys in the band so we went to see them. We didn't stay long, as we're getting old and the smoke and claustrophobia were getting to us. We've been spoiled by smoke-free venues.

But back to the knitting, I also have a seed stitch scarf that I'm making for Christian. It might even be ready for next winter! It looks pretty cool, but it gets very boring after a while.

4 comments:

ily said...

sweet mittens, they put my simple oven mitts to shame. i hang my head to you miss amy.

Anonymous said...

Nice! You should make me a hat (beanie style) :D.


Just kidding haha.

ps.. welcome to blogging!

-cade

Elizabeth said...

Lovely job on the mittens!

Madisonienne said...

Thank you!
Lovely job on the design! I made the matching hat, too, but haven't gotten photos taken yet.