Sunday, May 07, 2006

Party Stores....

Are incredibly overwhelming.
I went out to find invitations and other supplies for a birthday party for H-bomb. After taking University to Middleton, I was ready to get off the road. I went to the party store next to Target. I wandered around the store for a while, trying to find Princess Party Stuff. Well, they have about 8 different styles. H-bomb wants a Sleeping Beauty party, but there weren't any supplies for that. Instead I went with Cinderella invitations. I haven't made a decision on tableware, but it will probably end up being the heart-shaped Princess stuff.
While I was there, a man was looking at the same sort of stuff. I wanted to ask how old his princess was going to be, but he was on the phone, presumably with his wife. I felt sorry for the guy. If it was too much for me, I'm fairly certain he was about to faint. They were calling each other back and forth, trying to decide what sort of gift bags and activity kits to buy. I had gone into the store with the idea of getting foamy tiaras for the girls to decorate, but they didn't have any that I liked.
So I headed over to Michaels, which was full of women planning what sounded like a bachelorette party. Since I haven't had one, and one has been promised, I would like to take this time to suggest that foamies are for kids. I'm hoping that the women get the bride nice and drunk before springing the foam accessories on her.

On the knitting front, I finished the decrease rows on GG last night. I also cast on for the Prairie Tunic from the latest Interweave Knits. I started with the medium size, but it would have been way too big, so I ripped it out and started over with the small size. The lace pattern is similar to the Green Gable's, so it should be a nice tank to layer over a cami for the summer.

1 comment:

Elizabeth said...

"Foam accessories" sounds like something one might buy at an adult store.

I'm always shocked and appalled a the cost of all those specially printed disposable items. After one round of all that, I've been a parental curmudgeon ever since and just gone with plain old generic paper plates, cups, and napkins. Sometimes, for a small party, we just use real plates and glasses.