Ok. So blogger doesn't want to put my photos where I want them. Anyway....I started classes on Monday. Bright and early at 7:30 in the morning. I'm not really what people call a "morning person". I like to sleep. I like my bed. I like my eyes to be closed during the dark morning. I'm sure that I'll adjust in a few weeks, but until then, I'll be dragging.
Right now, I'm taking a break from my urinalysis studying (oh, yeah) to get these photos up.

I've been spending my breaks before and after class working on Icarus. It's taking roughly 30 minutes to do 2 rows, so I'm not getting a lot done at one time, but it is adding up. I have four more rows left to do on the third repeat. I'm using Mondial La Lana Merino Fine and size 2 Turbos.
Icarus is still small enough to take with me in a small fabric gift bag and fits nicely in my backpack. I've really been enjoying talking with the random people who stop to ask about the project. Finding new people to talk to is something I enjoy doing. As SweaterGirl and IKTI know, I'll talk to just about anybody about anything.
Other than school, I haven't been doing anything new. I'm finally getting some ripe tomatoes in my garden, although my plants were really damaged during the storms last week. I'm hoping that the huge holes in the leaves won't hurt the tomatoes, pumpkins and cucumbers too much. The weeds seem to have weathered the storms (ha, ha) just fine, but my super-tall sunflowers were broken by the wind before I had a chance to get photos taken. But, thankfully, there's always next year.

1 comment:
yeah i'll go ahead and agree with the random talking to people part. nice lacework, i'm impressed. sorry about your sunflowers, that's sad.
Post a Comment