Monday, August 07, 2006

Update to Waiting

I got my grade via email yesterday afternoon....

I got an A!!!!
I was very excited about it, since I hadn't done as well on the first lecture exam as I would have liked and I was worried that I would do the same the second time around. But I only missed 8 points!!

So to reward myself, I pulled out the carpet in my bedroom. It was old and gross and stinky. Now we have the nice asbestos tiles showing. The plan is to paint them until we can afford to recover them with wood flooring. Or laminate. Or tile. I'm sure we'll figure something out....

Lolla was a blast, too. We saw Death Cab, Built to Spill, Calexico, Sonic Youth, Dresden Dolls, Flaming Lips and New Pornographers.
We were all getting tired after spending the day in the heat with sweaty, sticky people all around, so we went back to Amy 2's house for a dinner of ice cream and chips and dip. That's one of the fun things about travelling without children...

I'm almost done with the first chart of Icarus. I'll start on the first repeat in roughly three rows. I'm near the end of Amy 2's shawl, with plans of embellishment dancing in my head. I'm thinking a fringe with a bead on the end at the short edges, but she seems a bit wary of that idea. I'm going to try it and see how it turns out and if she hates it, I can change it.
I'm off to check for ripe tomatoes in my garden. We'll be using them for dinner if I can find some.

1 comment:

Kara said...

YEAH! YOU ROCK!