Sunday, February 26, 2006

Crochet for Knitters

I'd rather be a knitter....

Sweater Girl and I took a class at Lakeside on Saturday morning. I did not have much success. Part of the problem was my plastic crochet hook. Another part was my yarn. I was using Cascade 220, but it was splitting like you wouldn't believe.
It would have been nice if the lady who had called to confirm the class had told me to bring a knitted square, but since she didn't, I got to spend a bit of time knitting up a swatch so I could practice crochet edges. The edging was working out ok, until I got around to trying crab stitch. NOT FUN!
The sweater the instructor brought out would be so freakin' cute on Hannah, but I don't think I can make it, since it has the crab stitch edging....
Sweater Girl was very generous in giving me a ride to and from the class, and as we were en route to mi casa, we passed Christian and H-bomb going out on their date. They went to the Childrens' Museum and Ella's Deli.
I had 4 hours to myself. It was bliss. I practiced my new crochet techniques and decided that I would stick with knitting. I can do edges now if I must, and that's good enough for me.

No comments: