Well, after 3 hours and 125 feet of cable, our sewer was unclogged on Friday. According to Rooter Man, after mild winters maple trees get really thirsty and will go after water anywhere they can get to it. The Sweater Girl family had the same issue a few weeks ago. Apparently business is booming for the rooter people.
Friday night we headed up to the Dells for the conference. I'm not sure if it helped or not, but I'm glad we went. H-bomb and I decoupaged a candle for Alex when we got there, then headed down to the pool. SuperGeek played water basketball with some of the other fathers while H-bomb and I sat in the hot tub. We tried going down the water slide, but she wasn't a big fan. SG and I thought it was great; neither of us could remember the last time we were on one.
Saturday was full of emotional explosions, starting bright and early at 8:30. The IDCW brought in a speaker from Colorado, Olon Lindemood. He spoke for over an hour, using Care Bears as props. I was hoping that he would throw the things around the room, but he didn't. It's kind of weird being angry at stuffed animals, but I doubt that I was the only one.
Later in the day, we went to a memorial service for the 37 babies being remembered. It was really hard seeing all of the photos of the babies. And listening to the sobbing of the other parents was very difficult, probably because I knew just how they were feeling.
We met Amy and H-bomb down at the pool afterwards, then went to dinner for SG's birthday. There were lots of drinks and steak - dinner of champions..... And after such a long day, it was nice to laugh and smile. And watch H-bomb fall asleep on two dining room chairs.
I'm hoping to lose myself in some yarn for a few hours. I finished my first sock on Saturday, so I'm going to get started on my second sock; I might have just enough yarn to make it.
Sunday, April 09, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment