Monday, April 03, 2006

Phew! What a weekend!

The party went off without a hitch! I was able to see some friends I hadn't talked to in a long time, which I guess makes them acquaintances, but they left the party with promises from me to get in touch with them sometime soon. The food went over well, except for the weird goat cheese/potato things. It is possible I made them wrong, since the recipe was less than clear. That maybe should have been a hint to not make them, but that's just not me. There are no red lights here.
So now I have a nice clean house, and leftover cake and box wine. It's quite nice. If only it could stay this way without any work......
SuperGeek, H-bomb and I are going to the Wintergreen Resort in the Dells this weekend. They are having a conference for bereaved parents, sponsored by the Infant Death Center of Wisconsin.
The conference coincides with the one year anniversary of Alex's death, which is on Sunday. We're not sure what to expect, but hopefully it will be helpful. H-bomb is excited about the indoor water park. She doesn't remember ever going to an "inside swimming pool" and wants to take all 3 of her swimsuits. Yes, she has 3. They range in size from a 2T to a 5, for length. I will be taking my knitting along, and SuperGeek will bring his mistress, Apple.

Speaking of knitting, I don't have much of a stash to flash, so maybe I'll do it next year. All of the other ones I've seen look so much bigger and better than mine. I have stash envy. But I'm ok with it.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

First, checking to see if this works....

Second, it was a great party. Even though the potato things were different, they were still good. The grape on top was a nice, pretty touch!! :-) Everything else, including the great company and interesting champagne punch, made it a very nice event. Good job, super hostess!!

Anonymous said...

Ok, now it posted as anonymous. Not quite right either. Trying again.

Amy (the sis-in-law)

Roxy said...

i don't know about the shower but the after party was a blast

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry it's taken me so long to comment...I've been crazy busy since I got back to the cities. Thank you so much for a wonderful party! It was so great to see family and friends, eat great food and yummy cake, and of course there was the wine! You are an amazing woman and a precious friend. Thank you thank you thank you! It was also good to see Christian and Hannah! I miss you all terribly.

-Auntie Kara