I finally finished the baby blanket yesterday. I had to rip out my bind off, which was a little scary as I don't usually rip things out very well. I'm very happy with how it turned out in the end, so all's well that ends well.On the appliance front, we've been shopping around and adding to the seemingly endless decisions to make regarding them. We're trying to think ahead a bit and buy accordingly, but it's really hard to think of what we'll need in a few weeks, let alone a few years. So we're still grilling and microwaving our meals.
I cast on for a sweater for H-bomb on Friday. It's "Reid" from the Spring06 Knitty. After starting and frogging roughly 20 times and crying for help, I finally

checked the pattern to see if there were any changes or extra directions that I might be missing. Yeah, a kind of big one. Instead of having the k2tog, they had knit 1. That was leaving me with an extra 8 stitches everytime I tried working the row. I blamed my sisters for distracting me, but that didn't work once they left. But now I'm over half done with the back panel, and H-bomb is very excited to have a very soft new pink sweater. She's already planning the outfit that she's going to wear it with. Not surprisingly, it's her favorite dress.

No comments:
Post a Comment