Tuesday, April 11, 2006

More gardening

H-bomb and I spent another day outside planting seeds and bulbs. We planted sweet pea, hollyhock and more sunflower seeds. We also planted some asiatic lily, ranunculus, gladiola and dhalia bulbs that she picked out with Mema. I've found that the ground is pretty nice in the back corner where the trees were cut down last summer. And the leaf mulch and topsoil have done a lot to improve the clay soil in the other gardens.

I'm thinking of expanding the vegetable garden another foot or so to make room for more veggies. It wouldn't be much, but I'd be able to have another plant at the front of my rows, and less lawn.

Of course, with a bigger garden, I won't have as much time to work on my knitting. And if I decide to take summer courses, I'm not sure that I'd have time to do anything. What a conundrum.

No comments: