Saturday, March 25, 2006

Busy Saturday

We had a busy day today.
First thing this morning, we took H-bomb to Bowl-A-Vard for her preschool's social. It was a hoot watching her and her friends bowl. It was the first time she had gone, and also the first time that SuperGeek and I had bowled together. We had a really good time. I even won a game! Of course, we forgot the camera at home. We also forgot the phone, so we couldn't even take bad photos.
After we were done bowling, we had lunch at the alley and then cruised home. We wrapped the gift for a birthday party that we went to at Animart for one of the girls in H-bomb's class. We then turned around and jumped back into the car so we could get there on time.
The kids were having a blast there as well. One of the employees took the kids on a tour of the store and brought out animals for the kids to pet. H-bomb thought that the snake felt "slippery" and was afraid to touch the hedgehog because it was "prickely". She was ok with the turtle, rats and birds. I had to leave after that to take Mema's truck back to the airport. They returned from Hawaii this afternoon. Since we haven't heard from them, we're assuming that they made it home safe.
H-bomb has been pretty hyper since we got home, and will probably crash in a little bit. I've been busy working on the last-minute details of Kara's shower and winding my new yarn. It's taking a very long time to get the hanks into balls that I can work with. I wish I had a swift.

2 comments:

Roxy said...

I hear ya about the swift. I bought some sock yarn, on my trip, and forgot to have it balled at the store. I made Emily take it home and ball it. She's going to mail it to me. Yes, I'm actally going to make some socks. I'm just dreading the second sock syndrome because, I still have mitten without a partner from 2yrs. ago.

leedav said...

I'd be happy with just a ball winder but of course a ball winder and a swift would be ideal!